top of page
- Our current max blade size is about 5" wide and 30" long. Overly large blades like swords can have added charges as thy are much more time consuming to heat treat and straighten. Contact us first before shipping large blades as we are not responsible for return shipping on blades that do not fit out ovens.
- Price includes all required services for the selected alloys, such as stainless foil, CRYO treatment and tempering.
- You will be charged for cleaning or deburring if your blades do not meet the required standards described on the page titled "BEFOR SHIPPING".
- If you are not sure what hardness your blade needs, select NA and we will choose an appropriate hardness for your blade(s).
- Bowing and warping is corrected using surface peening. This leaves a very shallow (.001-.003) peen finish that is easily removed during finish grinding/sanding. We do our best to prevent and/or straighten bowed blades using the above mentioned technique. Therefore, bowed blades are not a justified reason to warrant a refund. Blades with ground edge bevels can be problematic to surface peen if the edge or tip is very thin.
- There are no refunds after we have started processing your order.
- We are not responsible for any blade(s) that are lost or stolen while either in rout or when delivered
- Any overcharges or errors in pricing will be refunded or invoiced upon discovery.
- Any additions or major changes to a pending order will require a new order to be placed.
- Cracks are very rare and are usually the result of improper grinding technique causing stress risers or a flaw in the material. Grinding an edge too thin before heat treating can cause it to ripple, "aka" bacon edge, during the quench or even crack. This is something that is out of our control and we are not liable for.
- It is the customer's responsibility to source steel from a trusted vendor. We will not be held liable for blades that will not harden properly due to shoddy alloy control by the vendor.
- If the surface finish of a blade is courser then 220 Grit a spot will have to be ground by us onto the blade for hardness testing. Any oil quenched blades will require a ground spot as well.
Save this product for later
bottom of page